Dressed Up Basics - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Dressed Up Basics

Photos by Cheralee

Wearing: Petite Sesame Jacket c/o, H&M Tee (similar), LOFT Pants (40% off), Shoes c/o Off Broadway, Rayban Sunglasses, MZWallace Metro Tote (Medium) c/o, Petite Sesame Cuff c/o

I feel in love with MZWallace totes at one of my favorite boutiques, Hysteria. They've introduced me to so many new designers that I now love, like Mother Denim and Leona, too. So, if you're in Old Town Alexandria, definitely pay a visit to Hysteria. But I love the MZWallace signature quilting, which I didn't use to be a fan of in a bag, but they seem to do it right. Their Black Lacquer Metro Tote is the perfect, dressed-up carry all. I need their quilted backpack next.

Pieces like a cargo-style jacket, black trousers, or a tote bag are all classics, but it's interesting to see how different designers can put a new "spin" on such staple pieces. I had been looking for more black pants and I died for the sweats-meets-trouser style of these pants from LOFT, which are currently 40% off so you should really snag them if you can. And, surprisingly enough, I didn't have a good black, leather pump that I loved. But I found these on Off Broadway and they're unique (see the cut-out), yet a basic black pump (and under $50! Such a steal). And, lastly, I've always really loved the look of a green, utility-style jacket, but I loved the fresh updated version that Petit Sesame offers on their site. I appreciate the light-weight fabric, because I know these style jackets can be on the "chunkier" side and also the detachable hood. It's all in the little details, isn't it?


SHOP THE POST:

Dec 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment