A Slouchy Cardigan - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


A Slouchy Cardigan

Photos: Cheralee
Make-up: Aleah Rae Dorsey

Wearing: TOPSHOP Cardigan c/o Nordstrom Pentagon City, BCBGMAXAZRIA Tank (on sale!), Free People Jeans c/o, Vince Shoes, Sears Purse c/o, Lack of Color Hat c/o, H&M Scarf

Long cardigan sweaters have become my new everything. On days when it's quite not cold enough for a coat, a cardigan sweater is the perfect alternative and a great chance to loose some of the added bulk of a coat. Pair it with some warm accessories, like a scarf and hat, and you have a perfectly layered, seasonal look. I wear this outfit in some version, with my Vince flats, pretty much all weekend long.

I've never thought that I look good in hats, but for some reason (aka: Pinterest), I keep bringing more home (aka: shopping problem). I knew I had to give Lack of Color a try once I spotted one of their wide, flat brim hats on Instagram. They have some reaaally wide ones, so they're hard to miss. You can tell even on a small iPhone screen that they're just good. I love the bluish-gray tones in this one for a couple of reasons; It's a great change from a typical black or brown hat and I think it will transition nicely into spring as well. I also love saying that my hat came all the way from Australia. It's the little things that excite me! I really want one of their straw hats for summer too.

SHOP WIDE BRIM HATS>>

SHOP CARDIGANS & DISTRESSED JEANS>>

SHOP LOAFERS & SCARFS>>

Dec 4, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment