Worth the Wait - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Worth the Wait

Wearing: Knit Sweater (similar), Duffie Jeans c/o Look LA (love these), Maison Martin Margiela Boots, Topshop Coat, French Connection Bag, Phillip Lim Sunglasses c/o Iristocracy (love these too), Free People Necklace c/o

I live by having good basics to rely on. I think everyone has a different idea of what basics mean to them. For me, if it were summer it would be cut-offs, a baggy tee and strappy sandals and in the winter it's usually a chunky sweater, boots and a good coat. I make sure to keep plenty options for each of these basics in my closet and everything mentioned I probably have five to ten of, that I can call on and rotate through during any given season. This way, I always have something to wear and I never find myself getting sick of the look.

The shoes are where I feel that you have the most freedom when getting dressed. Since your feet stay the same size, unlike some other areas (especially during the winter time!), so, at a minimum, you can always count on your shoes looking good. I have been on the hunt for a suede, heeled, knee high boot for a while and went with something I never thought I would and I'm SO happy I did! I've found lately, that sometimes it's better to wait until you find the perfect piece rather than settling for the first one that comes your way (these were a strong contender). I love the signature Margiela, curved heel, the structured shaft and, obviously, this amazing camel color. They're my new, unexpected basic.

Jan 26, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment