6 Favorite Denim Brands - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


6 Favorite Denim Brands

One of the questions I get asked most frequently is, "What are your favorite places to shop for denim?" Insert a pretending-to-be-surprised, but really so flattered me, here - But even I, until recently, didn't realize just how much I incorporate denim into my daily (and nightly) outfits these days. But being the denim-lovin' gal that I've become, I'm so flattered to be considered an expert denim buyer & I'm happy to share my secrets!

Below, I've listed my 6 favorite denim brands, all of which I've been a repeat buyer of. I hope you find your next favorite pair from one of these brands, I have good feelings about this!

Madewell

When I worked with Madewell a couple years ago on their Mosiac District opening, I was asked to pick out and style a look to wear to the opening event. It was then that I discovered how Madewell's jeans fit me so well. And they still do. They're so comfortable too & they seem to always be on the cutting edge of the best denim trends. My first pair of cropped flares was from Madewell and I recently found this pair that gives any good pair of vintage denim a run for its money. I'm a size 27 in Madewell.

Mango

Mango just gets me. Their relaxed, cool girl vibes are what I strive for in my personal style and this pair of white denim was a perfect fit for that (pun intended). They're off-white, which just instantly gives them a less formal vibe than rather a starch white would. This particular pair is a part of their Committed collection, made with 100% organic cotton, if that's any indication of how comfortable they feel. They go with everything, making them my favorite pair of white jeans of all time. Best part: They're under $100! I'm a size 6 in Mango.

Levi's

When all else fails, I turn to Levi's. You can't go wrong with the classics, right? A lot of stores carry Levi's, but some of my favorite places to hunt for them include Revolve, Bloomingdale's & and Urban Outfitters. The pair I'm wearing here was $10 from Urban Outfitters & I most recently got this pair for $9. I love a good sale rack steal just as much as the next girl! I'm a size 27 or 28 in Levi's.

Citizens of Humanity

You'll hear me talk about fit a lot when on the topic of jeans and that's because I used to struggle finding jeans that fit me well believe it or not. I'm short and super picky about rise. And I'm curvy on the bottom but I don't like my jeans to be too tight. So, as you can imagine, those things made it hard for me to find jeans. Citizens of Humanity is one of those brands that, again, just fits my body well. And, even better, I've seen them on a variety of different body types & they seem to work well for everyone! When all else fails, I turn to Citizens because they fit well and, at the end of the day, does anything else really matter? My favorite style is the Liya and I currently have my eyes on these. I'm a size 27 in Citizens.

A Gold E

A Gold E is a brand I was more recently introduced to, by one of my favorite local boutique's in the D.C. area, South Moon Under. The price point is great, they offer a variety of styles, they feel great and they fit really well too. What's not to love? I instantly fell in love with the mom-jean style of their Jamie High-Rise jeans. Even better, Shopbop carries a huge selection of A Gold E.

Re/Done

I might have saved the best for last. I really made you work for it, huh? But my love for Re/Done runs deep! I remember the first time I tried on a pair in Barney's in New York & the rest is honestly history. Since then, I have a few pairs plus a few cut-off shorts. They're my go-to's for any look and I believe everyone should have at least one pair. The kicker is that the sizing can be a little funky, since they're redesigned vintage jeans. But when you find that one pair that fits you like a glove and makes your butt look like a vintage pin-up model's, it all becomes worth it. Not to worry though, they have a huge selection in sizes from 23-31. I'm also so into their new Sun Faded Collection for summer! I'm a size 27 or 28 in Re/Done.



         SHOP THE POST         

May 19, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment