Retro Summer - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Retro Summer

I'm a total boho beach babe most days, but sometimes it's fun to glam it up a bit and play seventies, retro beach babe instead. The chevron print of this black and white bikini points in all the right directions, which we all know can easily go wrong, and the ruffle and bow details keep this colorless suit playful. I love mixing trends and time periods as much as I love really going all the way with a look; Cue the fringe cover-up and retro sunglasses.

This was also a moment where I thanked Nadine (my hair stylist from PR at Partners of Tyson's Corner) in my head for squeezing me in last minute before my vacation. Blonder locks really made the look, don't you think? Love her. Who cares about these types of things while on vacation, you ask? Me! I wanted to wear lipstick to the beach too one day... but that's another story for a different day. :)

DSC_0757 DSC_0746 DSC_0725 DSC_0755

BATHING SUIT: Victoria's Secret
SUNGLASSES: Quay
COVER-UP: Lush (sold out, see similar option)

I love Quay SO much - Check out more from their selection at Nordstrom below!

Aug 4, 2013

2 comments: