Pencil - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Pencil

Photos by Sara

Nordstrom Sweatshirt (love this and this), Skirt via Marshalls (similar), Vince Camuto Shoes, Zara Clutch, zeroUV Sunglasses c/o

If you asked me to wear a skirt that fell below the knees ten years ago, I would say, "Sorry, Charlie. No can do." Mainly because I'm a short girl, but also because that length felt a bit too serious to me, I never wore longer skirts. But that's since changed, first with my leather midi, and now with this laser-cut, pencil skirt. I now appreciate the long length, I think it adds drama, and the simple, cut-out detailing along the bottom keeps it fun.

This skirt happen to be another trouble item in my closet that I asked Stylist Shelby Cheri to help me style. It had lived in my dresser with the tags still attached for months. She paired it with a red, plaid button down and these sling-back mules and I was in LOVE. I decided to switch the top though because when we had originally styled it, it was colder out. This lighter, sweatshirt with pops of pale pink from Nordstrom was the perfect way to achieve that same "untucked" look while making the look a bit more Spring-y.

Mar 27, 2014

2 comments:

  1. Nat, can you take a bad picture?? You look adorable as always & that skirt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look so much. Your hair and shoes are so fabulous! Plus, I absolutely need that clutch.

    www.thefashionlotus.com

    ReplyDelete