white & green - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


white & green

Photos by Ashley Lettich
Make-Up by Elle Choi
Styling by Shell B Cheri

Location thanks to Malmaison

South Moon Under Blouse, BLANKNYC Overalls, Qupid Shoes, Zara Clutch

Blogging has led me to some of the coolest, most creative people I know. Shell B is one of them. I'm so excited to finally share the final product from her style project, pictures from the DC Bloggers x #StyledByShellBCheri photo shoot. It's her specialty to help women with that trouble item, we all have 'em, and help them create a new, fresh look using only what she has in her closet.

It started when Shell B came over to help me style a trouble piece in my closet. I just had to take advantage of her while she was over, of course, so I slyly pulled a few more than one piece for her to help me style. We ended up making a huge mess and having a ton of fun. We came up with two outfits and decided that I would surprise Shell B with my choice the morning of the photo shoot. I showed up in my overalls that morning for two reasons; 1. This was one of those moments where you just feel Sarah Jessica Parker Good (because that's a thing), and 2. Because I felt this outfit was a perfect example of how talented Shell B truly is. True statement: I actually think she picked thee perfect pieces I had to style these overalls; This studded blouse (which I also hardly wore and now am re-obsessed with) and white, wedge pumps.

Shell B is taking over Nashville next, (because she's that cool). I know she is going to produce AMAZING things. She already gave me a glimpse in to what she has in mind and I can tell you that you want to be sure to follow along her journey. In the meantime, search for the hashtag #StyledByShellBCheri to check out the rest of the DC Blogger looks that she styled.

Thanks again to Shell B, for letting me take part in your vision!

Apr 8, 2014

11 comments:

  1. You really are the cutest thing under the sun! I'm pretty sure you can't take a bad photo lol. Shell B definitely has some magic styling abilities, & I love that you chose the overalls <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, can we talk about how this was one of my favorite outfits. This and Vivys were my fight for number 1! I had so much fun hanging out and doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. I need to snatch that clutch away from your hands. OMWord. So effin' cute.

    Meanwhile, your outfit slays. You and Shell B made overalls look so damn cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add that green and white are Nigeria's colors. And since I'm Nigerian this outfit gained a few more extra points.

      Delete
  4. You are someone whose style I've admired for a long time so I was thrilled when you agreed to be part of this project. Your enthusiasm and support have meant so much to me and I'm glad that through this process we have become friends. I had a blast playing in your closet, I really loved your outfit so much and you look beautiful!!! Thanks for everything. xoxo. Shell B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! I'm scared to death of overalls yet you two geniuses made them look chic, rather than farmer. Well done!

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun outfit and so much fun being there when Ashley was taking your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so cuteee! You know I got tons of love for ya sista! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not even notice the amazeballs wordplay on your bag until these photos, and I love it! It was such fun being part of this project with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fabulous! love the white wedges :)

    XO,
    Jess
    www.dressedby-jess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clutch and your heels.

    ReplyDelete