solar flares - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


solar flares





lately, I find beauty in the most random and simple things in life.  a colorful sunset, or an old van that makes me wish I grew up in the seventies.  I don't know whose van this is, but I hope they could appreciate us including it in this post.  most of the time, both my sister and I's, day to day style ends up being much like this van, what I like to call as rugged chic.  that's my fancy.  where it looks like you just rolled out of bed looking that fabulous.  when your hair's a mess and your clothes are just hanging off of your body in all the right places.  there's just something so effortlessly chic about an oversized, distressed sweater that you can slightly see through and looks like it came out of a box at goodwill.  and don't even get me started on the flared jeans or the amazing style of the seventies.  because - crop tops, hair so long that it seems unreasonable, and ridiculously flared pants is so sexy.  this pair is so out-of-this-world flared, that it looks like she has completely lost her mind and has no shoes on, and I adore it.  this is the only time you shouldn't dress for the shoe.  just find your highest heels, look as you have no feet, boys won't don't get it, and rock it.  plus, I love because I'm short, that flares make me look tall.  but that's a whole different story. 

FREE PEOPLE SWEATER, CITIZEN FLARED JEANS, & unseen NINE WEST PUMPS

Nov 23, 2011

2 comments:

  1. I loved the flared jeans and miss them in my wardrobe b/c all I seem to wear these days are skinnies and leggings. Love this look and the van! Cute blog, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jeans! So glad I found your blog. I'm following you now and can't wait to see more posts.

    -Angela
    http://headtotoechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete