a DIY dress - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


a DIY dress

diy, do it yourself, diy dress, maxi skirt, maxi dress, fashion, style, blogger, outfit

{do} hike up your pleated, maxi skirt.  
 
what does one wear to meet Bravo Andy (Cohen) at Bethesda's Front Row event?  a DIY dress, if you're me.  and no, i'm not a master seamstress, i was just apparently feeling extra creative on this joyful day of getting to meet Andy, and decided to wear a skirt as a dress.  ever since the madness began back in february, when i bought anything and everything Missoni for Target i could get my hands on, this Missoni (for Target) maxi skirt has hung in my closet, pretty much just collecting dust.  we all have those untouched pieces hanging in our closets, right?  the reason this super cute skirt hasn't had any action though is because i just don't enjoy the way it hangs as a skirt, or maybe i've just become bored of it.  either way, i decided to hike it up, and i made myself a dress.  i enjoy it's new length, it's chevron pleats, and the simplistic-chic look it creates. 
 

Missoni for Target Maxi Skirt | BCBG Wedges | Zara Mini Shopper | Stella & Dot Jewlery

"it's not about what you wear, it's about how you wear it"
(yes, i just quoted myself.)

May 21, 2012

17 comments:

  1. SUPER cute xx

    http://districtsparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely dress!
    follow you!if you want check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a great idea!!!! I love it on you!!! :) I'm heading to my closet now to see what I can hike up lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look! i've got a perfect skirt to do this with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brimming with jealousy that you met Bravo Andy! He's my gay hunky bf, he just doenst know it. Shhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I wouldn't have known this was a skirt until reading through your post!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post dear and gorgeous blog!

    I would like to invite you enter my Club Couture giveaway! i would really appreciate!

    Btw, following you, hope you'll follow me back!

    http://memyselfandmycloset.blogspot.it/2012/05/club-couture-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this outfit.
    I follow u follow me?

    I ask u if vote MY FREE CHOICE here https://www.facebook.com/Sarenza.it/app_388904767806969 ..is very important for me and u can win a shoes!

    kiss
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh. I LOVE N! so cute :] & it looks great on it. & i def have TONS of items in my closet that collect dust. maybe i need to be more creative!

    xx. ash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea. You looked great on Friday and I am glad to finally have met you IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creativity. I'll definitely be trying this out.

    Cheers,
    Bree
    Dream in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! I have a maxi skirt that might do this perfectly! Will def have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This diy is amazing!! can't wait to try it after my exams' session!!
    Cool!
    http://www.followpix.com/2012/05/here-comes-sun.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. GENIUS!

    The Wearist
    www.thewearist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ordered this dress for my sister wedding and I was too scared that it will not come but they surprised me by sending the dress two weeks earlier thanks a lot the designer.
    wedding dresses used

    ReplyDelete