daily buzz style 9x9: beauty routine makeover - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


daily buzz style 9x9: beauty routine makeover

DSC_0228-1 DSC_0235-1

1. Start with a clean face.

2. Mix my daily moisturizer with my tinted moisturizer,
to dilute the color a bit in the winter months, as a foundation for makeup.

DSC_0241-1 DSC_0256-1

3. Wash my hands and apply foundation mixture to my face using my fingertips.

4. Using a concealer brush, I apply concealer under and around my eyes (from the outside
of my brow, in to the corner of my eye and down the sides of my nose) as well as correct any trouble spots.

DSC_0268-1 DSC_0304-1

5. Brush on a pressed powder all over to set the foundation and concealer.

6. Using a brow powder and slanted brow brush, I fill in my eye brows.
*Most important step to a finished face!

DSC_0014-1 DSC_0034-1

7. Using a highlighter pencil, I highlight under my brown to brighten up my eyes, down the bridge
of my nose, and edge of my lips (highlighting here is a great way to pronounce and create perfectly shaped lips).

8. Apply bronzer with a large brush to my cheeks, forehead, nose, chin,
and behind the ear (to avoid any coloring difference between my neck and jaw line).

DSC_0060-1 DSC_0281-1 DSC_0065-1

9. Apply blush to the apples of my cheeks (smiling big is a great way to find the right spot).

10. Using a large eye shadow brush, apply natural colored
eye shadow evenly around and on eyes to brighten and even tones.

11. Using an eyeliner pencil, I line my waterline (the part of my eyelid under my lashes).
This creates a nice, solid line around my eyes. Then using the same pencil, I line my eyes.
(And I don't worry about making the lines perfectly straight because I will be smudging them later)

DSC_0104-1 DSC_0118-1

12. Using a liner brush, I smudge the pencil liner. Then, using the same brush, I apply
gel liner to the outer corners of my eyes to create depth, this time making sure my lines are precise.

13. Apply a dark, neutral shade of eye shadow to the creases of my eyes, using a windshield wiper motion.

DSC_0139-1 DSC_0155-1

14. Apply 2 coats of mascara each, top and bottom.

15. For my everyday look, I simply apply a translucent lip gloss.

DSC_0175-1 DSC_0199-1

16. For added brightness and glow, I use the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. And you should too.

DSC_0160-1

Voila! The finished product of a new and improved beauty routine.

I realized that I wasn't taking my make-up game serious enough. make-up used to be something that I didn't spend much money on, and sort of slapped on super quickly in the morning, with no real rhyme or reason. so, I decided to make a change.

over the past few months, I have been researching techniques and trying out new products, picking a choosing what works for me along the way. this is what I have come up with, and so far it's working out just the way I intended it to. it has been a subtle change, but I now appreciate my attention to detail. and, not only has my new routine made me feel pretty, but the confidence I have when doing it is really the best part.

I really hope you learned something new today or maybe I inspired you to enhance your own beauty routine. I tried to keep my steps simple and concise, but if you have more specific questions, please leave them in the comments and I will be happy to help! And as always, thanks for stopping by, we love ya for it! xx N

all photos by Ashley Lettich

What I Used
Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Wipes
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF in Sand
Specific Beauty Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF 30
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Pressed Powder in N4 Buff Beige
e.l.f Studio Eye Brown Liner Powder Kit + Bobbi Brown Brush
Boom Boom Push-Up Brown
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
NARS Blush in Mata Hari
Bare Minerals Well-Rested multi-tasker for eyes
Stila In the Know Eye Shadow Palette, used Rain
Sephora Eye Liner Pencil in Coffee + Ulta Flat Eye Liner Brush
Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner in Black Ink
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume in Black
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink
MAC Lustreglass Lipgloss in Love Knot

Nov 27, 2012

7 comments:

  1. Love this step by step break down. I am still on the slaph-dash side of a makeup routine. However, I do have an established pattern for moisturizers and primer. After discovering the Smashbox Photo Finish primer I will never go back to pre-primer days. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! What highlighter pencil are you using? -- Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts like this! You look pretty with and without makeup lucky girl! I agree that highlighting with a pencil or shimmer cream is a must!

    Life Unsweetened

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post girl, you look gorgeous with and without make up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It's always so fun seeing other people's beauty routines. It's great that you've found what works for you :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tutorial girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. gaaaaaawwwwwgous!!!

    ReplyDelete