Inside My Home - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Inside My Home

DSC_0763

A new favorite pair of heels. Our kitchen island is't an unusual place to find shoes in our house. I have two dogs and will take no chances.

DSC_0768

I'm constantly updating and rearranging my shelves, but I've finally become content with this one. It includes bits of orange, signs of travel and personal photography.

DSC_0792

DSC_0796

A painting of old San Juan, Puerto Rico, which is a frequent travel destination for us, and a colorful bouquet of fresh flowers to match.

DSC_0780

I have recently discovered my obsession with fun mirrors, like this one I found at Home Goods. It hangs near our front door, perfect for that final check on your way out.

DSC_0893

The start of a gallery wall in our super long hallway. I'm really in to using empty frames.

DSC_0879

There's always a pile of clothes in my bedroom, which I confess is not always so folded. This pile is my idea of a perfect casual, summer outfit.

DSC_0843 DSC_0849 DSC_0854

The little nook I've made for myself, where I sit and do my hair and make-up every day. I've personalized this space with a book from my grandma and a vase I've filled with vacation souvenirs, for a beachy vibe.

DSC_0873

Did I mention that I also have an obsession with pillows? I blame Sara, but I forgive her for helping me find this gem.

DSC_0823 DSC_0890 DSC_0838 DSC_0835

Scenes from the top of my dresser, which is mostly made up of serious jewelry organization.

DSC_0815

White shoes were on my shopping list this summer. These BCBG Paris heels did the trick.

DSC_0871

I like to keep my bright, summer colors out where I can easily find them. My favorite summer lip colors include Maybelline Color Whisper "Pink Petal" and Smashbox 'Fuschia Fusion.'

DSC_0859

Dainty necklaces are plentiful around my house, so I take keeping them untangled very seriously! Most of the ones seen here can be found on Stella & Dot.

DSC_0825 DSC_0827

Emily Schuman's book, mini vases, BCBG 'Bon Chic' and a collection of perfume samples for days when I want to switch up my scent.

DSC_0883

And, of course, my home tour wouldn't be complete without a picture of a doggy. Flower's a three year old Malti-poo, my first child, a huge princess and the love of my life.

One day I started playing with my camera and shooting some of my favorite things around my house, which in turn promted this post! As I was shooting, I thought it could be nice to give you guys a view in to my life, beyond just my outfit photos. I hope you all enjoyed it! Erika's moving in soon, so maybe we will have to do a house tour update then :)

Jun 12, 2013

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much girl! I would love to anytime! :) xx

      Delete
  2. beyond gorgeous! can we say coveteured!!! xoxox
    http://highfashion4less.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for all your love and support through my decorating crisis :) XO

      Delete
  3. I love that you have so much white space! So bright and cheery-also that mirror is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlene!! I am all about the light! :)

      Delete
  4. So much light! I'm jealous! And love the fresh flowers, too. They're such a nice touch.

    xo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love a bright home as well :)

      Delete
  5. Love love love getting peeks into fellow bloggers' homes -- and these little details are just so perfect and girly! Funny thing -- my boyfriend has this weird Italian superstition about it being bad luck to put shoes on counters or tables, etc. so whenever I see it I cringe but then laugh, because I do it myself all the time and it drives him crazy -- love those white heels, too, btw!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it!! And that's so funny about your boyfriend! I'm sure my boyfriend hates it too, but what are you going to do!! Haha. Can't have the puppies chewing up my babies! ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Where are you living now?! Such pretty accents!

    Classy Chic & Chardonnay
    http://ceislin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! My boyfriend bought a condo out near Ballston, we love it! :)

      Delete
  7. You have quite a beautiful home. I'm digging how you've decorated the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarita!! It's a work in progress :) xx

      Delete
  8. um THE CUTEST. I am in love with your little space + the decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you LOVE!! It's a work in progress for sure! :) xx

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVED the tour! The place is coming together in such a wonderful, personalized, chic way. You need to have us over for a cocktail party again soon!!! I'm so close to you ... hello!!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS house!

    Alissa
    FeelingGoodStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jewelry organization! I've been looking for inspiration for corralling my necklaces. I couldn't tell from the photo what you were using... Any suggestions would be welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pup! I love your photo style- what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete