Skinny Jeans & Strappy Heels - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Skinny Jeans & Strappy Heels

All photos by Jen

WEARING: ZARA Jacket | FOREVER21 Jeans (Coupon) | POUR LA VICTOIRE Shoes (Coupon) | NASTY GAL Bandana | URBANOUTFITTERS Sunglasses (Coupon) | MANSUR GAVRIEL Bucket Bag

I recently posted a caption on Instagram that read, "Keep your closet full of basics and you'll always have something to wear." Writing this blog and documenting my personal style journey has helped me to become a better shopper. It's like practice, and practice makes perfect right? Well, I feel like I've figured out how to perfect my style, which means knowing what clothes to keep, what to purge and, most importantly, what to buy moving forward.

The items that I have been purging are mostly made up of things that I haven't worn in over a year and that aren't really age appropriate for me anymore (as I enter my late twenties). The clothes that I've kept are mostly higher quality, basic pieces that I can wear with a lot of different looks. Then you can mix in your favorite trendy pieces, like this bandana scarf.

When it comes to buying something new, I ask myself a few important questions: Does this fit my body right now? Can I think of three ways to style it using what I have in my closet? Does it make me excited when wearing it? If I can answer Yes to all three, it's a go. High-waisted, button-up skinny jeans are a grand slam for me right now. I love the stretch in this pair and they're under $30! Strappy heels are another closet staple this spring and summer. I love that this pair is suede, so that they can transition well from season to season. Also, their lower, block heel is super comfortable, making them a great everyday shoe. Click below to shop my look!

Click here to shop this look.

Disclosure: This post was in collaboration with Stylinity.

Apr 6, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment