SUNLESS TAN - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


SUNLESS TAN

skincare, sun protection, tan, tanning, best, products, how to, Bobbi Brown Beach, Tan Towels, Sephora, Beauty, Blogger, St Tropez, lotion, Clarins, Tom Ford, Soleil, Bare Minerals, melanoma, skin cancer, avoid

SHOP THE POST:

Welcome to our new Beauty Edit! We want to make sure that you're getting all of the information that you want from every Style post, so we will now be including the beauty items that we used to achieve each look in an outfit post, plus product round-ups from time to time. I hope you enjoy!

This year, I learned (the hard way) how important it is to protect your skin from the sun. Skin cancer is the most common of all cancers and over 70,000 people were diagnosed with Melanoma (the more dangerous kind of skin cancer) last year - Me being one of them.

I have been obsessed with tanning since I can remember. Every beach trip was a chance to see how long I could lay in the sun and how tan I could get. My dermatologist recently explained to me what a tan really is: Your skin is actually trying to prevent the sun from killing your DNA. And with a 25% chance that I will get Melanoma again, I have no choice but to take this stuff seriously now.

My first post-Melanoma summer is approaching and I'll admit, I have been feeling pretty down about it. When my doctor told me I should stay out of the sun as much as possible, that didn't seem possible for a sun-loving girl like me.

I've been determined to find alternative ways to achieve a sun-kissed glow in the summertime and do so safely. So, over the past two weeks, I've been giving a few products a test run in preparation for a few tropical travels that I have coming up. And these seven products have lifted my spirits tremendously!

skincare, sun protection, tan, tanning, best, products, how to, Bobbi Brown Beach, Tan Towels, Sephora, Beauty, Blogger, St Tropez, lotion, Clarins, Tom Ford, Soleil, Bare Minerals, melanoma, skin cancer, avoid

1. ST TROPEZ Classic Bronzing Mousse: The easiest way to get an instant tan.

2. BOBBI BROWN Beach Shimmer Powder: Swipe onto the areas where the sun would naturally hit your face for a glistening glow.

3. bareSkin® Sheer Sun™ Serum Bronzer: A light layer will add just the right amount of glow to your face.

4. TAN TOWEL Self-Tan Towelettes: Welcome to the no-streaking zone, safe for your face and body.

5. ST TROPEZ Tan Applicator Mitt: If you're going to get the mousse, this is a must-have for proper application.

6. TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil: I love this oil, especially on days when I'm being photographed. It gives you that dewey, I've been in the heat all day, glow.

7. CLARINS Tanning Instant Gel: I like to apply this after I Tan Towel for an enhanced tan. It's the best self-tanning lotion I've used.

P.S. Because I just have to say it, if you still go in tanning beds, please stop. It's not worth it, trust me! :)

Apr 14, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment