Retro Stripes - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Retro Stripes

SHOP THE POST:

All photos by Jen

WEARING: ANN TAYLOR Jacket | PROJECT SOCIAL T-Shirt | FREE PEOPLE Jeans | FREE PEOPLE Choker | CHLOE Bag | URBAN OUTFITTERS Sunglasses | CHLOE Sandals

I love blogging, sharing my favorite outfits with you and being a part of this creative world we're in. Sometimes it feels like we put so much into each post for it to only last about a day before we're on to the next. That's not to say that I'm not super grateful for those 24 hours, where we get to talk shop and reminisce on a look we loved, with all of you. But I wanted to do something a little different today and share what goes into making one of these posts, besides telling you that my jacket is on major sale.

On this day I shot two looks with my photographer Jen. So that usually means I planned the looks in advance, had a bag packed with everything I needed and I changed in the car in between looks. My good friend Sara & I share the same photographer, so most times we're able to shoot together which I love doing. We help each other with everything from styling to location scouting and posing. It's great to have someone to bounce ideas off of, especially when you're a business of one. I'm super fortunate to have a friend who happens to also be an amazing blogger with great taste. We shot this look in Georgetown, our favorite place to shoot lately. The charm in Georgetown seems to have no bounds. Plus, it really works well with the aesthetic we like best.

A few days later, my photographer will send me my favorite shots for me to put together a post. I'll always try to link to all of the products I'm wearing (or similar ones, if they're unavailable online), offer styling advice, or tell a story behind what I'm wearing or why I choose to wear it. Beyond the blog, I'm also on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Snapchat, where I like to share more behind the scenes, so be sure to follow along for more. And thank you for letting me be a part of your day! :)

Jun 21, 2016

2 comments:

  1. You had me at stripes. This is such a cute look on you.
    XO,
    Maria
    MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jacket is seriously fabulous! I'm in love!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete