My 5 Favorite Photo Editing Apps - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


My 5 Favorite Photo Editing Apps

best photo editing apps

On the day I went out to shoot this new top, I discovered a cafe with the most charming outdoor seating. The restaurant was closed for a shift change so we weren't able to sit down and eat, but the manager was nice and let us use the patio to snap some photos. It's not always that easy explaining what I do or why I want to have my photo taken in an empty cafe. Half the time it results in a confused look followed by an awkward silence, but I'm usually able to sweet talk them into it. A big smile goes a long way. Anything for the shot, right? :)

I've been getting a lot of questions on Instagram asking how I edit my photos. I did a post about this (here), but it's a little outdated now. I'm always trying new things and evolving my photo editing, so I'll be sure to do an updated one soon. But in the meantime, I wanted to share my top five favorite photo editing apps to get you started. Play around with these and let me know how you like them.

SEE BELOW: My 5 Favorite Photo Editing Apps & Shop More ASOS Tops

WEARING:
ASOS Tie-Up Top
Zara Paperbag Pants (Similar)
GANNI Slingback Pumps
JW Anderson Bag
CĂ©line Sunglasses

My 5 Favorite Photo Editing Apps: (Appearing in the order that I usually use them)

1. Snapseed: Snapseed is a great place to start correcting exposure, highlights, shadows, brightness, sharpening & white balance. I always adjust white balance here, if nothing else. Typically, I move the slider down to the left, to cool down the temperature of the photo. Don't get me wrong, I love warmth, but I think you should always start with the most natural looking white balance on a photo that you can get!

2. VSCO: VSCO is your filter BFF. I don't usually use the full filter, I use the slider and stop around 8-9. My favorite filters right now are M5, J5, J2, and A4 (in that order). I also use VSCO to add a little bit of grain to my photos for texture/film vibes.

3. Darkroom: I love using Darkroom to adjust different color hues & saturation. I'll almost always turn the yellow way down (in terms of saturation). I lower the orange luminance if I want my skin to appear tanner. And I adjust the teals and blues to my liking as well. I believe you have to pay for this feature now, but it's totally worth it for editing on the go.

4. Afterlight: Afterlight is a new one I've been playing with! I use the Cascade filter under Wander to add warmth back to my photo and a tiny bit of the Dusty (#2) scratch filter. The light leaks are super fun to play around with too!

5. Facetune: Facetune is last to make my eyes and eyelashes pop using the Details tool. I always frequently use Smooth to smooth out my skin. And if there is something I want to remove entirely from a photo (like a piece of trash on the ground, etc.), I use the Patch tool.

I hope you find these helpful! Let me know what you think, or if I can answer any specific questions on these, leave them in the comments below Happy Editing!



         SHOP ASOS TOPS         

Aug 4, 2017

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try a few of these!

    Briana
    https://beyoutifulbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete