Invested - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Invested

A simple white dress has been my go-to uniform for warm summer nights. I instantly thought of this one when it came to styling my new, Express denim vest. Erika and I both picked up a light-wash, denim vest at the Style Caster house during our visit to the Hampton's. We were actually able to try out a bunch of Express denim, it was all great!

When it comes to this vest specifically, the simple studding and waist length make it a wardrobe staple that can be worn all year round. I loved the idea of it with a plain, white tee shirt but thought a plain, white tee-shirt dress would take it to the next level! My trusty (current favorite) strappy, nude heels kept the look feeling clean and polished, and my legs looking long. This is an outfit I can feel my best in all night long.

Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress Express, Denim, Denim Vest, Studded Vest, White Dress

DRESS: James Perse, VEST: Express, PURSE: Chanel, SUNGLASSES: Ray Ban
SHOES: Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan, BRACELETS: Vita Fede + unknown
RING: Stella & Dot, LIPSTICK: Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Petal Rebel

All photos by Sara

Aug 20, 2013

10 comments:

  1. Love your purse!

    xoxo jordan

    www.mycitystyle.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just talk about the hair? I'm seriously loving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, easy, simple. I love this. (And a little Chanel never hurts!) xoxo.
    www.shellbcheri.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. swooning over this post! you look flawless
    highfashion4less.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so flattering -- and perfect paired with the best!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Longer sleeved dresses are going to be perfect this fall... need to add some to my wardrobe asap :)

    Kamola
    99 Boxes of Shoes on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just got that same dress a few weeks ago form shopbop! i was waiting for it to go on sale forever! im waiting to wear it in paris this fall! i think it's still too hot in DC for anything w/ sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! I love this outfit! It is very cute...the heels, to die for!

    http://thepinnestsjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this white summer dress. It made you more pretty:)
    I personally like organic clothing. It is so good in summer. For the best organic apparel collection
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/store/organic-apparel.htm
    is a good selection.

    ReplyDelete