Minimalist in Bayamón - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Minimalist in Bayamón

As Fashion Week in New York commences and the transition to fall becomes apparent in the fashion world, The Fashionably Broke will be holding on to summer a bit longer than usual. I just got back from the most amazing, and much needed, ten day vacation to Puerto Rico with my babe, Wesley. I loved sharing bits of my days with you on Instagram but there's still so much more I can't wait to share! So, sit back, relax, grab yourself a glass of your favorite vino and I hope you enjoy!

Getting dressed in Puerto Rico was a bit like an oxymoron, it was on average of 90 degrees every day and on most days it was more about how little clothing I could wear. Our first day there we woke up in Bayamón, which I adore for it's rows and rows of colorful houses. We had a late lunch in town and then drove about 30 minutes to a beautiful beach called Piñones to swim in it's natural pool and hang out at super cool beach party. We absolutely love the beach life!

I wore cutoffs and a breezy tank with my Stella & Dot tote bag and Sam & Libby sandals, which I lived in, but dressed things up with a few accessories. It's never too hot for my favorite jewels.

DSC_0070 DSC_0045 DSC_0094 DSC_0042 DSC_0057 DSC_0044 DSC_0096

SHIRT: Eight Sixty, SHORTS: Blank Denim
SANDALS: Sam & Libby, BAG: Stella & Dot
JEWELRY: Free People, SUNGLASSES: Krewe du optic

Sep 3, 2013

3 comments:

  1. I love Bayamón! I used to go to Puerto Rico all the time for work, but I haven't been back in over a year. It's a rough place to go for work because it's tough being a suit while everyone else is running around having fun in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually still own a house in Bayamón. Thanks for depicting so nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics from the rest of your trip. I've been to all the places you visited and seeing through visitor's eyes is very refreshing. Please, check out my photo diary on my last trip to PR this summer.
    Take care,
    J
    http://thefashionlotus.blogspot.com/2013/06/puerto-rico-day-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete