Spring Cleaning - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Spring Cleaning

I love a reason to start fresh. There's something about Spring that puts everyone in the mood to refresh, I think. Whether it comes to your home, your style or your just your life in general, the first signs of Spring seem to bring on the urge to better whatever current state that you're in.

Organizing (and re-organzing) is something I try to stay on top of, but it's really an ongoing process. Making every day life so much easier, being organized is super important to me. Because of that, I'm constantly checking my favorite stores for cute, inexpensive ways to keep my life in order. TJMaxx and Marshalls are perfect for that stuff, I've found that they have the biggest selection of high-quality merchandise and décor. I recently did some Spring cleaning around my house, in my kitchen and my bedroom, using some fun things I found at both TJMaxx and Marshalls, so I wanted to show you what I did with some Before and After pictures.

In The Kitchen / There's three of us living here and groceries overflow easily. To be able to utilize the space above our fridge, I found these wire baskets at TJMaxx which are perfect for organizing food and drinks in the kitchen. I used them to store things that we have a lot of and use regularly, like fruit, different types of pasta and bottled water.

spring cleaning, home organziation tips
Before

Our coffee set up was looking a little sad too (as you can see above), so I used another one wire basket to organize the area and create a full coffee station. The basket now holds different types of coffee, tea and other accessories.

spring cleaning, home organziation tips
After

In My Bedroom / I was really in to black and gold this winter, but with all of the cold weather I needed to warm things up a bit. A simple switch of pillows on your bed is an easy way to give your bedroom a quick, Spring make-over.

spring cleaning, home organziation tips
Before

Light gray and beige pillows were a good way to brighten up the space but still keep it looking neutral. I also found a white, wood night stand to lighten things up for Spring. I really wanted something with a drawer as well, so this one from TJMaxx was perfect.

spring cleaning, home organziation tips spring cleaning, home organziation tips spring cleaning, home organziation tips
After

Isn't it fun how the littles details can make for the biggest change? I was so happy to partner up with TJMaxx and Marshalls to share this post with you guys because I literally shop there all the time and love sharing my great finds with you (make sure you're following on Instagram for more). If you've been thinking about reorganizing a space in your home, head to one of their stores and see what you can find. I know you'll find that there's so much cute stuff to help you with your Spring Cleaning too. Just visit TJMaxx.com and MarshallsOnline.com to find the nearest location to you and Happy Shopping! :)

Featured products from TJMaxx and Marshalls: Wire Baskets, Cow Creamer, Polka Dot Mug, Dish Towel, Decorative Pillows, End Table, Agate Stone

Disclosure: TJMaxx and Marshalls sponsored this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make our blog possible!

Mar 17, 2014

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely obsessed with your home posts - I need to take you shopping with me next time for ideas! PS: The marble I have in the first case with Jenn zeuner etc is $8 from TJMaxx ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's such a good find! Thanks love :) Let's go shopping soon!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS post!! If only I had the eye for decorating homes, which I don't... I'll just call you to come over hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to come over and play :) Glad you like the post!!! xo

      Delete