Marked by Music - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Marked by Music

Hey guys, Erika here, and today we’re talking music on The Fashionably Broke. Natalie asked me to take over this post because as you may or may not know, music is pretty much my boyfriend. We (music and I) have been in a relationship since my ear machines started working and he is always sparking new interests to keep us going. Earlier this month, Natalie and I were lucky enough to attend the one and only Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. This festival topped the charts by bringing together not only my favorite artists, but also my best friends from all over. It was a moment in my life, marked by music, that I will now never forget.

If you've been to any music festival or concert then you get how music can create those specific-detailed memories that stick with you forever. Anytime I hear the songs I saw live at Coachella, I can picture exactly what I was doing and how I felt at that moment. There’s really nothing else that can do that for me. Like in the Yuma tent, during Duke Dumont’s set, I can remember every detail from when he started playing “I Got U.” When I hear that song today, I can immediately picture that moment; From the goose bumps I got, to Natalie’s dance moves and my thoughts of “UGH, sucks for Brad [human boyfriend], he would be in the bathroom when this song comes on” (it’s a favorite of ours). Those particular moments are exactly what make music and attending music festivals so special to me. It’s truly a state of pure happiness, being surrounded by amazing music, bringing everyone together. There’s no place I would rather be!

Pre-Coachella, I made to sure do my research, expand my horizons, and learn about some of the artists I was unfamiliar with. For months (and I mean, months) leading up to the show, every time I got in my car, I turned on a "Coachella 2014" playlist from Spotify. I found an awesome one that listed a few songs from each artist that were on the lineup. I made sure to get a little taste of everyone. I highly recommend doing this to prepare for a big music festival, like Coachella. I added a bunch of new artists to my personal lineup, that I might not have even considered before. I found one of my new favorite DJ’s, Rudimental, and I made sure to get a front row spot at their show and even went to go see them perform again two days later at Sound Nightclub in LA. It was really the perfect ending to my music-filled weekend!

You can check out my Spotify playlist below, it has all of my recent favorites! You can definitely expect to hear some Rudimental, Disclosure, and Duke Dumont. You can also see more from our Coachella adventures here.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Spotify via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Spotify.

Apr 23, 2014

2 comments:

  1. Love this babe… I totally feel like that about music too! Need to check out Rudimental asap.

    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this babe… I totally feel like that about music too! Need to check out Rudimental asap.

    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete