California Love - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


California Love

After Coachella, we stayed two nights in LA. We couldn't travel all the way across the country to just leave without staying a while. It was our first time and it was everything we expected, and more. Completely not overrated, but very properly rated in fact, as Erika likes to say. From the weather to the scenery to the food and the scene, LA has stolen a piece of our hearts.

With a Coachella hang-over (please refer to the wrist bands still attached) and having only a few days to see as much as possible, we were on a tight schedule. Shopping on Abbot Kinney was obviously a top priority, so day one was spent walking the strip and finished off with a rooftop dinner overlooking Venice Beach. Venice was such a cool town. There's art every corner you turn, you will most likely walk by a photo shoot or two and the stores are so dreamy that you want to live in them. We could totally see ourselves living there. I was so in awe that I would forget to even take pictures, but here's a few that we managed to get upon freaking out about that view at dinner.

On Erika // Frenchi Tee, American Eagle Shorts, South Moon Under Belt, RayBan Sunglasses

On Natalie // Top via TJ Maxx, BLANK shorts, Stella & Dot Bag and Scarf, RayBan Sunglasses

May 1, 2014

4 comments:

  1. I've never been to LA but I am dying to go! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to LA, but those colorful backdrops are definitely a reason to get out there.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. California is so special, there is truly no other place like it. As for LA you either love it or hate it - there is no ambivalence. I'm so glad you loved it. Everything in me wants to get back there eventually. I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit to the place I will always call home, these pictures make me ache in the best way possible.
    www.shellbcheri.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where'd you guys go for dinner? I'm headed to San Diego in a few weeks and a day trip to Venice Beach is a possibility!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete