The Long Weekend - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


The Long Weekend

Spring Soles: I store my seasonal shoes in plastic bins to save space and Memorial Day weekend is usually when it's time to do the official swap! This is when the color comes out full force and takes front row, while winter boots, suede heels and velvet loafs go in to hibernation. It's nature just taking it's course, really! I also started using a hanging shoe rack, but not only for any flats or sandals, but to store my small, flat purses as well.

Folding 101: To make space for Summer tops, I fold any and all sweaters. I recommend folding your sweaters in thirds, rather than just in half, for a cleaner and more compact stack. This is very important stuff here, guys.

The Dresser: We all know the dresser can end up being the place where everything just gets thrown off after a long day's wear. To keep things organized, and have my everyday items ready to grab and go, use a tray to keep everything confined to one area. Since I spend a few minutes here every morning, stacking and spritzing away, I need things to not only be well organized but pretty to look at as well. Fresh flowers are usually a must, along with decorative bowls and such for storage. The cleanliness of your dresser can really make or break the day ahead and who has time for a bad day!

At Arms Reach: I like to have a few of my go-to shoes on display, so that they are ready, waiting for me to slide in to at any minute. So, outside of my closet currently sit my pointy loafers and Birkenstock sandals. And, front and center of my closet hangs a few new rompers and dresses to pull from.

On Display: Displaying some of your favorite accessories as a fun way to reintroduce old pieces from last season and spruce up the new. Trust me, if you see something every day, you're more likely to use it. Since I don't have a walk-in closet (yet), things tend to disappear easily. My trick is to instead store them somewhere neatly outside of my closet, like on a shelf or hanging on the wall. Also, please note: Alternating shoe direction does make room for an extra pair!

Get It Done: Spring Cleaning can be one of the year's most daunting tasks (minus Black Friday), so I recommend having a cold, caffeinated beverage on hand at all times. My choice is Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee. It's refreshing, great taste is made up of 100 percent arabica beans (that's the good stuff) and is just what I needed to get through a day of folding, hanging, organizing and re-organizing the hot mess that had become my closet.

Happy Spring Cleaning! Do you have any tips of your own? Please send them our way!

For Spring Cleaning tips in the Kitchen, be sure to check out more of my tips here!

Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.

May 29, 2014

6 comments:

  1. Loving your jewelry tray! Great organizing tips. I barely made it through shorts, sandals and swimsuits!

    xo,
    Danielle
    www.envisionpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to get better about my shoe game -- putting away seasonal shoes means the ones I actually want to wear get less crowded and smushed, need some of those plastic containers!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you come and organize my houze pleaseeee? hahaha, all of your stuff looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something I need to do, yet I am avoiding it! I like the idea of motivating myself with a little Starbucks treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love these posts! I just did a little spring cleaning too :) Awesome photos babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just moved so I'm looking for a dresser tray like the one you've got - I love it! Also so jealous you scored those Chinese Laundry flats.. couldn't find them anywhere in my size!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete