Margarita Moments with Sauza Blue - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Margarita Moments with Sauza Blue

Spring is finally here and that means one thing, Summer is right around the corner. One of my favorite things to do in the Summer is entertain. I love to have my girl friends over, Wes usually cooks on the grill for us and I'm on drink duty. One of my favorite cocktails to make are Sauza-Rita's, with Sauza Blue Tequila [You can find the recipe here]. This year I plan to make what is a more traditional Margarita recipe in Wes's family, the Tequiladilla. It's a fun twist on a classic drink and it's perfectly refreshing and so delicious that you might even forget how many you've had. :) You can find the recipe below. To me, the Margarita just signifies Summer and with Cinco de Mayo around the corner, we could all use a new recipe or two!

Last year I made the Sauza-Rita for my girl's-night-in Cinco de Mayo party. There's just something about having a Margarita night that leads to the best conversation with your girlfriends. It starts with sitting around a table with just some delicious Margarita cocktails and a bowl of guac and before you know it, you're all sharing (maybe a little bit too much) your most hilarious stories and laughing so hard that you might even pee your pants a little bit (you know you have). Sauza likes to call these moments of hilarious over-sharing "margarita moments." I have one that comes to mind as of late...And, yes, of course I'm going to share it!

You probably saw the picture of me hanging in Palm Springs, at a pool party here. I'm just sitting on the edge of a pool, dancing to a private Diplo show, thinking I'm the coolest chick ever. I have my hands up, I'm making friends, engaging in a beach ball fight (you know, the desert party norm) and having the best time...Until I go to the bathroom and fix my hair. My arm pits are bright purple. Not slightly purple, but bright and noticably Barney purple. My bodysuit was brand new and I was supposed to pre-wash it and the dye BLED on my armpits. Can you believe that? So, I'm probably known in Palm Springs as the girl with the purple arm pits now, which is sort of mortifying, but obviously hilarious to me now. So, since I told you mine, it's your turn to tell me yours! I want to hear all your embarrassing #margartiamoments. Ready, go!

Tequiladilla:
1 Part SPelligrino Blood Orange
1 Part Pelligrino Limonata
1 Part Tropicana OJ
Sliced citrus fruit
Put into a tall glass with ice
Add shot of tequilla & gently stir
Garnish w/lime, lemon or orange slice and sugar rim

Nothing's more relaxing than a cool desert breeze blowing across your tired shoulders. Oh wait. That's the breath of a man who has something very important to tell you. He's the cowboy. And he's here to help you relax after a hard day on the ranch. When he's not rounding up baby cattle, he's rounding up ingredients for the perfect Sauza®-rita. Learn how to make it with him on your next ladies' night in: www.youtube.com/SauzaTequila.

Sauza® is a registered trademark of Tequila Sauza S. de R.L. de C.V. (“Tequila Sauza”) and is used with permission. The information, comments and ideas expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Tequila Sauza, its affiliated companies or any of their directors or employees. Tequila Sauza does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse this website.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sauza® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author.

May 2, 2014

1 comment: