Ladylike - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Ladylike

Photos by Cheralee

Wearing: Trouvé Sweater (similar here & here), H&M Skirt (similar), Marc Jacobs Boots (on sale!), French Connection Bag (on sale!), Rayban Sunglasses, Hanuel Bracelets

I love mixing feminine and sporty pieces together because I've found that mixing styles is the key to making an outfit interesting and dynamic. My closet is filled with a good amount of sportier, tough pieces, like a varsity jacket and moto boots, but I keep more feminine pieces like a cotton skirt in my favorite color handy, to slip in to every now and then.

If you're the opposite of me and are looking to add some more sporty pieces into your look, I'd say that the Trouvé brand at Nordstrom is a great place to start. Everything from their styles to color choices are pretty basic and will work well in most existing wardrobes. Or, if you don't have a good pair of moto-style boots yet, that's another good place to start. I have more than one (these are my latest) and I'd definitely say they are a must. Also, can you tell that I'm obsessed with French Connection bags? It started with this one and I can't stop! They just make the perfect bags for everyday wear.

Speaking of ladylike things, make sure to enter our Valentine's Day giveaway!

SHOP THE LOOK:

Feb 6, 2015

2 comments:

  1. I love the multi-colored bag. It has so many neutrals it will match almost anything!
    xo, Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic look!

    http://greenthorneboulevard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete