My Winter Tan: Bondi Sands Self Tan - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


My Winter Tan: Bondi Sands Self Tan

Ever since my run in with melanoma earlier this year (scary!), I take my skin care regime more seriously than ever. Especially when it comes to the sun. While a real tan may look and feel amazing, your skin is telling you otherwise. Did you know that a tan is your skin protecting your DNA from the sun? I didn’t, until my dermatologist told me.

Now, I’m always on the search for the best of the best when it comes to sunless tanning products. It's no secret that Australian women seem to always have the best tan. Trust me, I follow plenty of them on Instagram! So, I’ve turned to the top, award-winning self-tanning brand from down under – Bondi Sands. Named after one of Australia's infamous beaches, Bondi Beach (which I’m dying to go to one day!), their products are designed to give those of us who aren't catching rays on Bondi Beach every day that same flawless, Australian glow!

Of course, when using sunless tanners, the most important thing is making sure that it looks natural. I don’t like anyone knowing my secrets! So, I’ve been using Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam (in Light/Medium) and found that it goes on streak-free compared to other lotions and spray-on’s that I’ve tried before. If you haven’t used a tanning foam before, it's uniquely designed to give you a more instantaneous tan. And this one shows up within just one hour of application! After I shower, I simply apply the foam and wait 15 minutes before getting dressed. Much easier than spending a day out in the scorching sun.

If you’re going to give it a try and try a self-tanning foam, I highly recommend using two other Bondi Sands products before applying any tanning product. To ensure a streak-free and naturally looking tan, it’s so important to begin the process with exfoliation. I continually do this with the Bondi Sands Exfoliating Mitt. Next, I always apply the tanning product using an applicator mitt, rather than directly onto my hands. Bonus, the back side of the Exfoliating Mitt (The blue side) also doubles as a remover for any unwanted tanning mistakes.

Featured: Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam, Exfoliation Mitt, Applicator Mitt

Bondi Sands’ products were just introduced on Target.com last month. To me, that means the timing's never been better for a gorgeous, Australian tan! Take it from me – It’s so important to protect your skin from the sun. But if you love a golden tan as much as I do, I know you're going to love Bondi Sands as much as I do. Bonus, the smell of their products are just as amazing as the results. I’m headed to Phoenix next week and it’s already packed in my suitcase!

Special thanks to Bondi Sands & Shopping Links for partnering with us on this post.

Nov 30, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment