Best Of 2016 - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Best Of 2016

I always love to start off a new year by looking back at the past year. Time flies, so it helps me to reflect and set goals for the year to come. 2016 for me meant traveling to new places and, most notably, taking a big leap. Read on to see some of my favorite moments and photos from 2016, + a few personal resolutions for 2017!

There's nothing better than a warm-weather getaway in the midst of winter. For our first big trip of the 2016, we ditched a big winter storm back home and flew off to the Atlantis Bahamas with friends. Best idea ever!

Erika & I took the train to New York for Fashion Week in February. It's always extra sweet when we get to travel together. Attending with one of our favorite brands, Lacoste, was one of the top highlights of our trip. The bitter cold was not!

About that "leap" I mentioned... This year I officially made the leap to pursue blogging full-time, which was both one of the hardest and best decisions I've ever made! Celebrations kicked-off with initiation into the "Quitters Club," thanks to our friends at Fohr Card.

Erika & I were featured together on the Forever21 home page as a part of a special, brunch-fashion feature. You know we love to brunch! You can check out the full feature on our Press page here!

Along with blogging full-time, getting to work with our photographer on a regular basis has been a pivotal part in creating new content for TFB. These photos and this post was one of our most popular this year. I mean, that light!

These are just a few of the many photos we shot with Jen & Sara. They're the kind of great girls that you want to be around all of the time and it's a good thing because they've both become great friends of mine over the years.

Speaking of, Sara and I took a trip to Hilton Head Island together in early spring. I hadn't been since I was a kid, so it was great to get back & with my bestie. We had a blast paddle boarding & enjoying the sun poolside at the Westin.

Tommy Hilfiger can do no wrong in my eyes, and especially this year - Highlights included the Carnival show at New York Fashion Week and a collab with Gigi Hadid. So I was honored to style this bag from their Resort Collection.

Gold Philosophy released a new collection & I was lucky to be one of the firsts to style it. Being able to collaborate with one of my longtime favorite jewelry brands was so exciting that I even put together a special video for our partnership!

The second summer with a beach house in the Outer Banks was a nothing short of amazing. There's nothing quite like having somewhere to escape to at (almost) any moment. I think one time we didn't come home for 14 days.

Fitness has always been important to us and this year we discovered a new favorite workout, which happen led to an exciting partnership. Now, you can follow along our CorePower Yoga journey on Instagram (where we share about our practice at least two times a month!).

It was the year of beach travel for me, and next I flew off to the Dominican Republic for the first time for my cousin's wedding. It was a family affair!

A friend shared a valuable life lesson that she had heard and it really stuck with me.

On a more personal note, I survived my first (and hopefully last!) run in with skin cancer. I promised myself from then on that I would use my voice on the internet to try and prevent melanoma from affecting other young adults like me, because it's no fun. On the upside, I discovered some of the best sunless tanners, like Bondi Sands.

I closed out the end of the year with a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. Getting to tour one of Frank Lloyd Wright's homes was a huge highlight of the trip for me. More on that to come!

I can't wait to travel more and share more about my personal style journey with all of you in 2017. Happy New Year!

What were some of your favorite moments in 2016?

Jan 3, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment