Savvy Summer Guide to DC and VA - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Savvy Summer Guide to DC and VA

As a part of their recent Summer Dress line launch, London Times is kicking off their Savvy Summer campaign, where they asked bloggers from all over to not only share their favorite London Times dresses but also to create a Savvy Summer guide to their city. Since I spend most of my time in DC and Virginia, I decided to share some of my favorite things to do in both, from the perfect summer treat to a favorite shopping destination.

But first, a little bit of London Times Fashion, of course! Below is me in my favorite LT printed, maxi dress - A maxi dress should be in every girl's summer wardrobe this season, don't ya think?

DSC_0600 DSC_0518 DSC_0524 DSC_0551 DSC_0557 DSC_0560 DSC_0574

SummerGuideToDCVA

1. Rossylyn Outdoor Film Festival: The perfect date night? Watch a free movie on the lawn! Every Friday at dusk from May 17 to Aug. 30, a movie is played at Gateway Park. Check out their website to see what's playing next.

2. Cream Cycle DC: Beat the heat this summer by tracking down one of D.C's coolest, hidden gem's - The Cream Cycle "food truck." Track down this fleet of bicycles, which house the best, gourmet ice cream sandwiches in town, by checking out their Twitter feed here! You won't want to miss out on the unique flavor combinations whipped up by Chef Carlos Delgado, like banana-habanero or coconut-lemon grass-basil.

3. She's Unique: Old Town Alexandria is one of my favorite places to spend the day. Great shopping, delicious food options and beautiful scenery - What's not to love? While I'm there, I always make sure to check out the latest at my favorite jewelry boutique, She's Unique. They have such a cool selection of designers and it's where I've found some of my best peices.

Be sure to check out the full London Times #SavvySummer guide here, where you can also enter to win $1000!

Images via 1,2,3
Outfit photos by Elle Choi

Jun 17, 2013

11 comments:

  1. Can we discuss how perfect those shoes are with that dress!! I've lived on the East Coast my whole life and have never been to DC I need to make a trip asap! Love that London Times did this series! So fun seeing what everyone's up to this Summer & the dresses everyone styled!

    xo Jackie
    Living After Midnite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um completely obsessed with that dress -- and all of the London Times dresses lately! May have to add one to my repertoire for an August wedding I'm attending! Also, love all the summer movie series options in the District -- haven't been to the Rosslyn one yet but may have to give it a go!

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I go to a new city, I ALWAYS look up bloggers from the area to see what their recommendations are. Must find those ice cream sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress - the mixed prints make it so fun and summers in your city sound like a lot of fun!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. That maxi is fierce when paired with those sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old Town Alexandria is one of my favorite places to wander around in the summer. Orange is really your color, Natalie. Work it!

    xoxo,
    Sarita W.

    www.the-rabbits-overalls.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including the shop in your review! :) YOU DA BEST! And of course, you look stunning in that dress. LOVE the colors & the shoes... oh my!
    K-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, i have to get out and try some ice cream sandwiches. I never get to enjoy summer anymore! This summer I will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your dress, Natalie! It does all the pattern mixing for you :) & paired with your Choos... perfect summer outfit!

    Kamola
    99 Boxes of Shoes on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dress is seriously gorgeous on you!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress! LOVE IT. Print galore. And I especially liked that you paired the dress with the orange heels.

    ReplyDelete