Swim Essentials - The Fashionably Broke
the fashionably broke, style blog, fashion, blogger, dc


Swim Essentials

Every year, around this time, I have to buy a few new suits. No matter how many I have, last year's just don't seem to cut it for me (it's really a problem). But hey, we usually take two trips to the OBX and one to Puerto Rico so I deserve options, right? I've been mildly obsessed with one-pieces since last year. They have that pin-up, glam look to them that I love. But, I still love my bikinis! I love that you can mix and match them and they're just more practical for really hot days on the beach or at the pool.

I recently found this Marc by Marc Jacobs, one-piece at TJ Maxx. Between the cute, extra "kiss" on the booty and the price, I couldn't pass it up! The classic cut and striped pattern is a timeless style, but it's really the lips and gold details that got me. They give it that extra fun-factor, which is an important factor when bathing suit shopping.

Since my other suit was pretty neutral, I decided to go with a really fun and colorful bikini. I can never stick to one style, I'm a true, indecisive Gemini I tell ya! [Note: If you know your astrology, then you know that this means my birthday is coming up! Feel free to send gifts!] AMI Clubwear sent me this one and I just love the strappy detailing, so flattering. The real icing on the cake here though was laying them both out only to realize that I can wear my favorite summer accessories with both of them! A small pouch to protect my iPhone, beachy bangles and gold sandals are a must for me.

Marc Jacobs Suit | Birkenstock Sandals | Noonday Bangle c/o | AMI Clubwear Suit c/o | LOFT Bracelet | LOFT Mini Pouch

Basically, the moral of this story is to simply find versatile accessories so that you have more to spend on new suits! :) You can shop more of my favorite bathing suits and accessories below. And speaking of new suits, we've partnered up with AMI Clubwear to give away a $50 gift card to help you find your own new, favorite suit for this Summer. So, go on and see below for how you can enter!

This Giveaway is now closed.

1. Follow The Fashionably Broke on Facebook.
2. Follow The Fashionably Broke on Twitter.
3. Visit AMI Clubwear and leave a comment with the link to your favorite suit in the comments below.

* Extra Entry Option: Follow The Fashionably Broke on Instagram (@TheFashionablyBroke) and leave a separate comment letting us know that you did.

Congratulations to our winner, Andrea Darst! Thanks to everyone else who entered!

The winner will be announced on Friday, June 20th, and is only open to US Residents ages 18 and older.

Jun 5, 2014

9 comments:

  1. Those swimsuits are so adorable! Love the colors and stripes!

    I'm following TFB on Facebook & Twitter! And I LOVE this black bikini from AMI http://www.amiclubwear.com/swimsuit-twopiece-ami-tristrapblack.html


    Alissa
    FeelingGoodStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also following on IG! #duh ;)

    Alissa
    FeelingGoodStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found an AMI suit you liked! Looks adorable and that Marc Jacobs one is fab of course.

    xo, Liz
    {What Dress Code?}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following both on Twitter and Facebook! Love this suit from AMI http://www.amiclubwear.com/swimsuit-twopiece-ami88-att20blue.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good!!! I found a suit I like as well - might give me some crazy tan lines but it will look super cute! - www.amiclubwear.com/swimsuit-onepiece-ami88-298black.html

    Morgan of DCfunemployment.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the marc jacobs swimsuit! Great post by the way :)

    I've been having my eye on this swimsuit for quite awhile ;)
    http://www.amiclubwear.com/swimsuit-twopiece-ami-bandstrapneckmintblack.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I'm so glad I double checked this, because I entered on my phone last week, and the comments didn't take!) FB - Andrea Darst, Twitter - @adarst213, andreaunke@yahoo.com.
    I love this one: http://www.amiclubwear.com/swimsuit-onepiece-ami88-1316white.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also following on IG - @adarst213

    ReplyDelete